Thursday 7 July 2011

ICAD Upstarts program application

In preparation for this years ICAD upstarts program I decided to have a bash at the briefs for 2009 and 2010 which where for a company of eco coffins and a way to promote book stores and reading, and this is what I came up with....

"OPEN YOUR IMAGINATION'

"LOWER YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT'


These where just two of the ideas that I came up with, so I was in high hopes! Then I recieved the brief for the 2011 upstarts program and I felt like I'd been thrown a curve ball! I had to promote myself! not a bookshop or a coffin company but myself! as somebody who cringes when writing CVs or cover letters I thought this may be tough. But after several ideas I finally came up with the concept I believed was good enough to build on.
My concept was that I Sam Moorhead was 'missing' from the world of advtertising. To do so I made three things, A simple missing persons poster...


Next thing to do was to create a missing persons segment on the side of a milk carton. So afew e-mails to the very helpfull tetra-pak and some effort put in on photoshop later I came up with this...



And after it was put together it looked a little something like this...


Turned out looking pretty well!! So next was to create a news cast for the missing person and with the help of young aspiring director and actor Steven Murray and Eoin Lynam I was able to do so...







So all that was left to do was put all this together and send it to I.C.A.D and hope they choose me as one of the lucky 12 lucky people they take on!
hope you all enjoyed it,
                                         Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment